Grilled Mahi Mahi
“Instead of grilling out the usual hamburgers or chicken breasts, prepare this grilled mahi mahi and reel in raves!” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||20minutes + marinating||10minutes|
|8servings||20minutes + marinating|
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry or pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 mahi mahi fillets (6 oz)
- Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1 medium mango peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled papaya
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Editor's Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup salsa: 195 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fibre), 32g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.