Grilled Marinated Tofu
Tofu is an amazing source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. Oh, and it’s delicious too!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb block firm tofu cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 large spring onions thinly sliced
- Cover the tofu slices with paper towels on a cutting board. Place another cutting board on top and weight it with a heavy pan or a couple of cans. Let it drain on an angle for about 2 hours to remove any excess moisture.
- In a shallow container large enough to hold the tofu in a single layer, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and sesame oil. Add the pressed tofu, turning to coat, then cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium. Remove the tofu from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place the tofu on the grill tray and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- To serve, cut each piece of tofu into four triangles and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, spring onions and any leftover marinade.