Grilled Pineapple with Lime Dip
Serve this dish as an appetizer or a dessert—the choice is yours! If desired, the pineapple spears can be rolled in flaked coconut before grilling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||20minutes + marinating||10minutes|
|8servings||20minutes + marinating|
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Lime Dip:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Peel and core the pineapple; cut vertically into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge horizontally into 2 spears. In a bowl or shallow dish, combine the brown sugar, honey and lime juice; add pineapple and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, honey, brown sugar, lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain pineapple, discarding marinade. Grill pineapple spears, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until grill marks are golden brown. Serve with lime dip.
2 spears with 2 tablespoons dip: 160 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fibre), 2g protein.