Grilled Ribeyes with Greek Relish
“The classic Grecian flavours of olives, feta cheese and tomatoes are a surefire hit. Combine them to complement a perfectly grilled steak, and it’s magic.” —Mary Lou Cook, Welches, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 beef ribeye steaks 3/4 pound each
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For relish, combine tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over steaks. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting steaks in half. Serve with relish and cheese.
4 ounces cooked beef with 2/3 cup relish and 1/4 cup cheese: 597 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 37g protein.