Grilled Romaine Salad
For a great-tasting salad, try this recipe on the grill! It’s equally good with any dressing of your choice.
Taste of Home
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions
- 4 plum tomatoes halved
- 1 large cucumber peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 romaine hearts
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush the onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with remaining oil. Grill the onions, tomatoes and cucumber, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onions are crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- Chop the vegetables; place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
3/4 cup: 98 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 1g protein.