Grilled Squash Salad
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 15 minutes Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
1 small eggplant
1 small bulb fennel, trimmed
1 medium yellow summer squash
1 medium zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
Nonstick olive-oil cooking spray or olive oil brushed on
1 small red bell pepper, halved through stem end and seeded
3 plum tomatoes, halved through stem end and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Slice eggplant, fennel, squash, and zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Sprinkle sliced vegetables with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Coat all over with cooking spray.
- Grill red pepper, skin side down, until blackened and blistered, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Grill eggplant, fennel, squash, and zucchini on one side until grill marks are dark brown but vegetables are still very firm, about 4 minutes. Turn vegetables over. Grill until browned on other side and just tender, about 3 minutes for squash and zucchini, 5 to 6 minutes longer for eggplant and fennel.
- Coat cut sides of tomatoes with olive oil. Grill, cut sides down, just until light grill marks appear, about 3 minutes.
- In small skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic, marjoram, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté 1 minute.
- Peel grilled pepper. Cut in strips. Cut all remaining vegetables into bite-size chunks. Transfer to medium bowl. Add olive-oil mixture and vinegar. Toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:875