Halibut Soft Tacos
“I sometimes serve these halibut tacos wrapped in lettuce instead of tortillas. Either way, the mango salsa tastes amazing with grilled halibut. This warm-weather recipe is quick, colourful and full of nutrients.” —Kristin Kossak, Bozeman, Montana
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 medium mango peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb halibut steaks 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 flour tortillas warmed, 6 inches
- 4 tsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 2 teaspoons oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill halibut on greased rack, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce.
1 taco with 1/3 cup mango mixture : 330 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fibre), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.