Ham and Potato Casserole
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
250 g (8 oz) ham, diced
Olive oil, as required
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
375 ml (1 1/2 cups/ 150 g) Caciocavallo cheese, grated
6 eggs, beaten
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Sprigs of fresh thyme, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Butter a 20-cm (8 inch) pie plate.
- In a skillet, brown the ham in 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the onion, potatoes and celery. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the ham, cheese and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake on the middle rack of the oven until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Slide the blade of a knife around the edge and unmould.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2518