Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) self-rising flour
2 (8-ounce) cartons vanilla low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons (30 mL) vanilla sugar
6 cups (1500 mL) canola oil
3/4 cup (190 mL) confectioners’ sugar
1 cup seedless strawberry jelly
- In a large bowl, place flour, yogurt, vanilla sugar and eggs.
- Knead until all ingredients are combined and a sticky, doughy batter is formed. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 6 cups canola oil in a 6-quart stockpot, covered, over medium heat.
- When dough is ready, uncover oil and raise heat to high.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of batter and drop in oil. Don’t make the doughnuts too big, so they can cook through.
- You should be able to fry about 7 doughnuts at a time. Using a slotted spoon, turn doughnuts when halfway browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until entire doughnut is deep golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove doughnuts and let cool on paper towel-lined plates. Repeat previous two steps with remaining batter.
- Fill a squeeze bottle with jelly and inject a little into each doughnut.
- Roll each doughnut in confectioners’ sugar, or shake 3 doughnuts at a time in a paper bag filled with confectioners’ sugar.
From: Quick & Kosher: Recipes From the Bride Who Knew Nothing, by Jamie Geller
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1588