Number of servings : 4 Prep time: 00:20 Cooking time: 00:15 Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 00:20
Cooking time: 00:15
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 lemons, thinly sliced
50ml (3 1/2 tbsp) Harissa (Tunisian hot chili sauce)
235ml (1 cup) olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
475ml (2 cups) cooked couscous
Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix olive oil and harissa.
- Using a sharp knife, slice chicken breasts crosswise in two, taking care not to completely detach the halves. Open the meat and flatten into a butterfly.
- Salt and pepper inside each chicken breast. Place a few slices of lemon and a sprig of thyme on one side. Fold the other side over to close the chicken breast.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour in harissa and olive oil mixture. Marinate 30 minutes, turning chicken pieces twice.
- Heat a large skillet. Add chicken breasts stuffed with lemon. Cook 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- To serve, place some couscous on each plate and place tomato slices alongside.
- Transfer a chicken breast onto tomato slices. Serve immediately.