Havarti Turkey Hero
“This is not your ordinary sandwich! Everyone loves the combination of chutney and chopped peanuts. I like to make this when I have company in the afternoon or at night after a game of cards.” —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf French bread halved lengthwise, 1 pound
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 oz thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple cored and cut into thin rings
- n a small bowl, combine the chutney, mayonnaise, peanuts and cayenne; spread evenly over the cut side of bread bottom. Layer with turkey, lettuce, cheese and apple. Replace bread top. Cut into 8 slices.
1 each: 302 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fibre), 16g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.