Hazelnut Pecan Pie
“With a blend of chocolate, pecans and hazelnuts, this pie is top-level tasty. But because so it’s easy to make, you can enjoy it often. Your family and friends will think you worked for hours in the kitchen. It’s incredible plain, but a dollop of whipped cream takes it over the top.” —Brenda Melancon, McComb, Mississippi
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||25minutes||50minutes + cooling|
|50minutes + cooling|
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flavouring syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, syrups, flour, butter and vanilla. Stir in the pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Transfer to crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Torani hazelnut flavoring syrup. Look for it in the coffee aisle.
1 piece: 629 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fibre), 7g protein.