Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
“Tired of the same old ground beef recipes? This quick-fix burger alternative, with its creamy cheese filling, will wake up your taste buds.” —Sherri Cox, Lucasville, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard divided
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef 90% lean
- 4 hamburger buns split
- lettuce leaves optional
- tomato slices optional
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, mix green onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the centre of 4 patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with toppings as desired.
1 burger: 383 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fibre), 29g protein.