Holy Moly Potato Soup
“This is a turned-up version of a cheesy potato soup. We eat this often, especially on cold winter evenings, but it’d be lovely for family get-togethers or potlucks during the holidays! Crushed red pepper flakes really turn up the heat.” —Angela Sheridan, Opdyke, Illinois
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cans diced new potatoes undrained, 14-1/2 ounces each
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces each
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained, 11 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained, 10 ounces
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese 8 ounces
- 1 carton French onion dip 8 ounces
- tortilla chips
- Cook, covered, on low to allow flavors to blend, 4-5 hours. Add cheese and onion dip in the last 30 minutes of cooking. Stir before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add a little water if necessary.
1-1/2 cups: 529 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1981mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fibre), 18g protein.