Homemade Cherry Crisp
“Our family loves this pretty, tasty dessert. It uses convenient pie filling, so you can make it in no time—and it takes mere minutes to heat in the microwave.” —Laurie Todd, Columbus, Mississippi
Photo: Taste of Home
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high until bubbly, 3-4 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1 cup: 567 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.