Homemade Limoncello Liqueur
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Beverages/Cocktails | Beverages/Cocktails Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Beverages/Cocktails | Beverages/Cocktails
Special diet :
8 medium lemons
1 L (4 cups) 40% alcohol
1 L (4 cups) water
500 g (1 lb) sugar
- Wash and dry lemons well. Remove zest (yellow part only) with a paring knife and cut into very thin strips. Allow to soak in the alcohol for 24-48 hours.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add sugar, stir to dissolve, then allow the syrup to cool.
- Strain the alcohol through cheesecloth and throw away the lemon zest. Pour the liquid into clean, dry bottles.
- Pour the syrup into the bottles. Seal with new corks.
- Keep bottles in a dark, dry place.
- Wait at least two months before drinking.
Tips: Blend the sugar to a powder before using. Filter the flavoured alcohol several times for a clearer liqueur. If you want a clearer liqueur, filter it several times.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2250