Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
“To add delicious flavour to your pumpkin pie recipe, try this pumpkin spice. This pumpkin pie spice blend can also be used to make spiced nuts.” —Mary Dixon, Catlin, Illinois
Taste of Home
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Cinnamon comes in two basic types: Ceylon and cassia. Ceylon cinnamon’s delicate, complex flavour is ideal for ice creams and simple sauces. The spicy, bolder cassia cinnamon (often labeled simply as cinnamon) is preferred for baking.
- Nutmeg is the secret spice in many savoury dishes. It’s commonly used in white sauces, pastas and potato dishes. Be careful not to overdo it. A small amount of the spice goes a long way.
1/4 teaspoon: 1 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 0 protein.