Ice Cream Cone Treats
“I came up with this recipe as a way for my grandkids to enjoy Rice Krispies treats without getting sticky hands. You can also pack the cereal mixture into paper cups and insert a wooden pop stick to create cute pops.” —Mabel Nolan, Vancouver, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
- 12 ice cream sugar cones
- Melted semisweet chocolate optional
- coloured sprinkles
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- If desired, dip ice cream cones in melted chocolate to coat edges; stand in juice glasses or coffee mugs.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. In a microwave or in a large saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Working quickly, use buttered hands to shape mixture into 12 balls; pack firmly into cones. Dip tops in sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts 1 serving: 174 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.