Indian Chicken and Broccoli Wrap
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Sandwiches | Sandwiches
Special diet :
200g cooked chicken breasts
2 tablespoons canola oil
250g broccoli florets, finely chopped
1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
5 tablespoons mango chutney
pepper to taste
4 small whole-wheat pita wraps
Cucumber and tomato raita
1 cucumber, cut into quarters lengthwise and seeded
350 g plain low-fat yogourt
1 tomato, very finely chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding any skin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the broccoli, cashews, ginger and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the broccoli is just tender.
- Add the chicken, mango chutney and pepper to the broccoli mixture. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is hot.
- Meanwhile, place the pita wraps on the broiler rack. Cook for 2 minutes, turning once.
- To make the raita, coarsely grate the cucumber and add to the yogourt with the remaining ingredients. Stir well to mix.
- Place the chicken mixture on top of the pita wraps and roll them up loosely. Serve hot, with the raita on the side.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:851