Indian-Style Fish Parcels
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 kg small new potatoes, washed
4 white fish fillets, about 150 g each
pepper to taste
2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
1 large mild red chili, seeded and finely chopped
4 tablespoons (60 mL) chopped fresh mint
4 tablespoons (60 mL) reduced-fat coconut milk
2 zucchinis, diced
1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame seeds
2 teaspoons (10 mL) yellow mustard seeds
2 teaspoons (10 mL) reduced-salt soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Place the potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut out 4 large pieces of parchment paper or foil, each large enough to enclose a fish fillet. Place a fillet on each piece of paper or foil and season with pepper.
- Mix together the ginger, onion, chili, half of the mint and the coconut milk, and spread over the fish. Fold over the paper or foil and pleat or twist the ends to seal. Place the parcels on a large baking sheet and bake for 10–12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily (open a parcel to check).
- When the potatoes and fish are almost ready, steam the zucchinis in a steamer basket set above the potatoes for 4 minutes. Heat a frying pan, add the sesame and mustard seeds, cover and fry over medium heat for 2–3 minutes or until lightly toasted, shaking the pan frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the soy sauce to the seeds and quickly stir, then re-cover the pan and set aside until the seeds stop “popping.” Stir the zucchinis into the seed mixture.
- Drain the potatoes and toss with the remaining chopped mint. Arrange the fish parcels on serving plates and serve with the zucchinis and the new potatoes.
Nutrients: 404 calories; 45 g protein; 9 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 115 mg cholesterol; 35 g total; carbohydrate; 3 g sugars; 8 g fibre; 275 mg sodium
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1530