Instant Pot Taco Pasta
“This Instant Pot taco pasta is a welcome change from boring meals. I’ve taken all the flavours of tacos and created an easy pasta dish. Kids love the taste, and Mom loves how quick and easy it comes together. To lighten things up, use ground turkey.” —Christine Hadden, Whitman, Massachusetts
Taste of Home
- 1 pound lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 8 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream optional
- cilantro optional
- chopped tomatoes optional
- black olives optional
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; cook beef until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; crumble meat; drain. Add taco seasoning; stir to combine. Add beef broth, tomato sauce and pasta. Press cancel.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir; top with cheese. Let stand until cheese melts, about 1 minute. If desired, serve with toppings.
2 cups: 598 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1845mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 40g protein.