Italian Shredded Pork Stew
“Need a warm, soothing meal for a blustery night? Throw together this slow-cooked stew loaded with sweet potatoes and kale. And the shredded pork is oh-so-tender!” —Robin Jungers, Campbellsport, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds
- 14 oz cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 14-1/2 oz chicken broth
- sour cream optional
- Place the sweet potatoes, kale, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on vegetables. Add the beans and seasonings. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. If desired, garnish with sour cream.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without sour cream): 283 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 24g protein.