Lamb and Potato Casserole
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 lamb chops
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 onions, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 ml (1 tsp) ground sage
675 g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 L (4 cups) lamb or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown the chops in the oil. Arrange in a single layer in an oven-to-table casserole, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, wilt the onion and the garlic and spread them evenly over the chops. Sprinkle with sage.
- Place the potato slices on top and add stock to cover. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours, adding stock as required to keep the level up.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2501