Leek And Feta Pie
Number of servings : 4 Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special
Number of servings : 4
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
180 g (6 oz) commercial short pastry
2 leeks, white part only, cleaned and sliced thinly
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
150 g (1/3 lb) feta cheese, diced finely
180 ml (3/4 cup) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC / 400ºF.
- Roll out the pastry and press into a 23-cm / 9-inch quiche pan.
- Cover the crust with a sheet of aluminum foil and weigh down with dried peas or beans. Bake 15 minutes. Remove the peas and foil, reduce oven heat to 180ºC / 350ºF and continue baking a few minutes more to dry the crust slightly. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a skillet, sauté the leeks in the olive oil without browning. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange the leeks and the feta cheese over the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour into the quiche and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2429