Linguine with Sundried Tomatoes and Walnuts Pesto
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
40 leaves fresh basil
6 walnut pieces
30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted pine nuts
30 ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
18 sundried tomatoes in olive oil
2 garlic cloves
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
180 ml (3/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
450 g (1 lb) linguine
120 g (1 cup) cheddar cheese, cut in small cubes
Walnut pieces, pine nuts, basil leaves, for garnish
- Set aside some fresh basil leaves, walnuts and pine nuts for the garnish.
- In a food processor, purée the remaining basil, walnuts and pine nuts, Parmesan, sundried tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- With motor running, pour olive oil in a thin stream through the feed tube and process until the pesto is smooth.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the cooking water.
- In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the pesto and reserved cooking water.
- Arrange the pasta on 4 plates. Sprinkle with cubes of cheddar cheese and garnish with basil leaves, walnuts and toasted pine nuts.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2329