Marinated Cheese with Olives and Herbs
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) extra-virgin olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
3 garlic cloves, chopped or smashed
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) coarsely ground pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp) capers
2 bay leaves
15 ml (1 tbsp) fennel seeds
250 g (8 oz) Goat cheese
160 g (1 cup) black olives, pitted and halved
80 g (½ cup) green olives, pitted and sliced
10 sun-dried tomatoes, in thin strips
20 marinated mushrooms, halved
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, capers, bay leaves and fennel seeds.
- With your hands, mould cheese into little balls.
- Layer the cheese balls in the jar, alternating with the tomatoes, olives and mushrooms.
- Pour the seasoned oil into the jar, making sure to cover all the ingredients, and seal.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours, checking to make sure that the ingredients remain completely covered in oil. Top up with more extra-virgin olive oil, if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature on a platter, accompanied by Italian deli meats and grilled vegetables.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2319