Marinated Grilled Vegetables
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 5 minutes Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
175 mL (3/4 cup) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
50 mL (¼ cup) white or red wine vinegar
75 mL (1/3 cup) olive or vegetable oil
7 mL (1½ tsp) grated lime zest
45 mL (3 tbsp) lime juice
3 mL (3/4 tsp) salt
1 to 2 mL (¼ to ½ tsp) sugar
1 to 2 mL (¼ to ½ tsp) hot red pepper sauce
1 mL (¼ tsp) black pepper
750 g (1½ lbs) eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, sweet peppers, Portobello mushrooms or a combination, prepared for grilling
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except vegetables.
- Place grill-ready vegetables (except mushrooms) in a self-sealing plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Seal and turn to coat vegetables. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, up to 4 hours. Add mushrooms for the last 2 hours.
- Remove vegetables from the bag and reserve the marinade.
- Preheat the grill. Oil grill to prevent sticking. Place vegetables directly over medium to medium-hot coals–about 12.5 cm (5 in) from the heat–and grill, turning and brushing occasionally with marinade.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2648