“For variety, you can use another kind of cream soup (cream of mushroom, for instance). But try this meat and potato casserole this way first.” —Marna Heitz, Farley, Iowa
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package frozen corn 10 ounces
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup 10-3/4 ounces, undiluted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- minced fresh parsley optional
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
1 cup: 374 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 22g protein.