Mediterranean Hummus Nachos
“My husband once piled all the Middle Eastern dishes I’d made on top of pita chips. It was delicious and fun, so we’ve kept doing it! I am half Lebanese, so we usually call these Lebanese nachos. Whatever you call them, you can’t help but like them!” —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt divided
- 1 package baked pita chips 7.33 ounces
- 1 cup prepared tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup ripe olives sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint minced
- red onion chopped, optional
- In a small skillet, cook lamb over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes; drain. Stir in pine nuts, salt and pepper; cool slightly. Stir in 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- Arrange pita chips on a serving platter. Layer with lamb mixture, tabbouleh, hummus, tomato, olives, parsley, mint, remaining yogurt and, if desired, onion. Serve immediately.
1 serving: 299 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fibre), 13g protein.