Mexican Hot Dogs
“My stepmom was born in Mexico and introduced us to hot dogs with avocado and bacon. We were instantly hooked. Now our whole family makes them.” —Amanda Brandenburg, Hamilton, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns split
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 3 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork, stirring in lime juice, salt and pepper. Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat until heated through, 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve in buns. Top with avocado mixture, tomato, onion and bacon.
1 serving: 310 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 11g protein.