Mini Mac & Cheese Bites
“Young relatives were coming for a Christmas party, so I wanted something fun for them to eat. Instead, the adults devoured my mini mac and cheese.” —Kate Mainiero, Elizaville, New York
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into 36 greased mini-muffin cups. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in biscuit mix, eggs and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add macaroni; toss to coat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture into prepared mini-muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes before serving.
1 appetizer: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.