Mini Mac & Cheese Dogs
“We wanted to get creative with hot dogs, so we made a mac-and-cheesy one. Pile on the extra cheese, relish and even bacon.” —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Photo: Taste of Home
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 2dozen|| 25minutes + rising|| 15minutes + cooling|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 2dozen|| 25minutes + rising|
| Cook Time|
| 15minutes + cooling|
- Let dough stand at room temperature until soft enough to shape, 15-20 minutes. Cut each roll in half; shape each half into a 3-in.-long mini hot dog bun. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake buns until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° until golden brown, stirring once, 5-7 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese according to package directions. To serve, cut hot dogs crosswise in half. Split buns; fill with hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
1 appetizer: 198 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.