Miniature Peanut Butter Treats
“This recipe is one of my family’s favourites, and I make the treats a lot, especially at Christmas. I have three children and eight grandchildren, and every one of them loves those ‘peanut butter thingies,’ as the grandchildren call them!” —Jodie McCoy, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3-1/2dozen||20minutes + chilling||10minutes/batch + cooling|
|3-1/2dozen||20minutes + chilling|
|10minutes/batch + cooling|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 42 miniature peanut butter-chocolate cups
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 42 walnut-sized balls; place in greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press 1 peanut butter cup into each cookie, forming a depression. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
1 piece: 108 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.