Moroccan Meatball with Lemon Chive Quinoa
Served over lemony quinoa with an herbed yogurt sauce, this Middle Eastern meatball recipe takes your family on an exotic adventure at your own dining room table.
Photo: President Choice®
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 pkg PC® Lemon Flavour & Chives Quinoa
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes roughled chopped
- 2 cups white bread diced, with crusts
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1/2 cup PC® Plain 1% M.F. Yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 4 tsp Ras El Hanout Seasoning Spice Blend
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- Stir together bread and milk in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook onion 4 to 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and spice blend; cook for 2 minutes. Transfer half of mixture to small bowl and set aside. Stir tomatoes and 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of the salt into remaining mixture in saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mash bread mixture using fork to make a paste. Stir together paste, beef, reserved onion mixture, remaining 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt and half each of the parsley and mint in large bowl. Form into eight large meatballs.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Bring tomato sauce to a simmer. Add meatballs, cover and cook 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa and seasoning from pouch. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon rind and remaining parsley and mint. Set aside.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and divide among eight shallow bowls. Spoon one meatball and some sauce into each bowl. Spoon yogurt sauce over top.