Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups
The kids will love these pepperoni and beef wraps. They’re easy to assemble because each tortilla is simply wrapped around a portion of hearty meat filling with a piece of string cheese. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Taste of Home
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can pizza sauce 8 ounces
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni about 2/3 cup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas warmed, 10 inches
- 6 pieces string cheese about 6 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture across center of each tortilla; top with a piece of string cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Freeze option: Cool beef mixture before assembly. Individually wrap roll-ups in foil and freeze in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped roll-ups on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. To reheat individually, remove foil and rewrap in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds.
1 roll-up: 513 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 30g protein.