Mushroom Cheese Bread
“This savoury grilled bread is delightful with barbecued steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. For variation, we sometimes use half cheddar cheese and half mozzarella.” —Dolly McDonald, Edmonton, Alberta
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces 4 ounces, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread 1 pound
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
- Grill, covered, over indirect heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
1 each: 180 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.