“In place of the ground beef and mozzarella cheese, consider topping this zesty pie with lean ground sausage and cheddar cheese. It tastes just as good.” —LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips coarsely crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can chili beans undrained, warmed, 16 ounces
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chips in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over chips. Top with beans, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through and cheese is melted, for 7-8 minutes.
1 serving: 462 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fibre), 26g protein.