Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
“This one-dish roast chicken with vegetables tastes as if it took hours of hands-on time to put together, but the simple ingredients can be prepped in mere minutes. The rosemary gives it a rich flavour, and the meat juices cook the veggies to perfection. It’s unbelievably easy!” —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lb red potatoes cut into 3/4-inch pieces, about 6 medium
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp dried rosemary crushed, divided
- 3/4 tsp pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs skin removed, about 2-1/4 pounds
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach about 6 ounces
1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 357 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fibre), 28g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.