“Fruit molds are my specialty. This one, with its refreshing peach taste, makes a colourful salad or dessert.” —Adeline Piscitelli, Sayreville, New Jersey
Taste of Home
- 1 can sliced peaches 15-1/4 oz.
- 2 packages peach or apricot gelatin 3 oz. each
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping 8 oz., thawed
- additional sliced peaches optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved juice. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired.
1 slice: 249 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.