Peachy Dutch Pancake
“After my daughter attended a slumber party, she raved about a Dutch pancake they had for breakfast. She asked her friend’s mom for the recipe so we could make it at home. This is my version.” —Carol Rogers, Tipton, IA
Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thinly sliced peaches thawed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Warm peach preserves and maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat bottom and sides of dish. Carefully add peaches; return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add milk and extract. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; serve immediately with preserves and syrup.
- To Make Ahead:Prepare pancake batter as directed. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare baking dish as directed. Whisk batter until blended; pour into hot baking dish. Bake, as directed, until puffed and sides are golden brown.
1 piece: 235 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.