Penne alla Vodka
“This easy and impressive pasta is always on the menu when my husband and I have new friends over for dinner. Years later, they’ve asked me to make this Penne alla Vodka recipe again.” —Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
- 1 package penne pasta 16 ounces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto cut into strips
- 1 can whole plum tomatoes drained and chopped, 28 ounces
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
Test Kitchen Tips
- To keep pasta from sticking together when cooking, use a large pot with plenty of water. Add a little cooking oil if desired (this also prevents boiling over).
- There’s nothing like fresh pasta. The process may seem intimidating, but it’s actually very easy to do! All you need is a little time. To get a jump on it, make dough 2 to 3 days in advance and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to roll it out.
1-1/3 cups: 504 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fibre), 19g protein.