Number of servings : 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
15 ml (1 tbsp) capers
4 anchovy fillets
8 black olives
3 or 4 fresh Italian plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
796 ml (28 oz) canned tomatoes
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
2 garlic cloves
15 ml (1 tsp) chili pepper flakes
450 g (1 lb) ribbed penne
Flat parsley, chopped to taste
- Rinse capers and anchovy fillets. Drain and blot with paper towels.
- Pit olives and chop finely. Chop anchovies finely.
- Dice fresh and canned tomatoes.
- Place oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add whole garlic cloves, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies and chili flakes. Cook over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Pour one cup of sauce into a hot serving platter.
- Add the drained pasta. Coat well with sauce.
- Serve in 4 heated deep plates or pasta bowls. Garnish each serving with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.