Pennette with Veal and Two Cheeses
Number of servings : 6 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses
Number of servings : 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) pennette rigate
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
450 g (1 lb) ground veal
625 ml (2 1/2 cups / 250 g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
125 ml (1/2 cup / 50 g) Parmesan, grated
50 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream
10 ml (2 tsp) flat parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a skillet, wilt the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the veal and cook until no longer pink, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and add to the pasta.
- Add three-quarters of the Mozzarellissima, all the Parmesan, cream, and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss well and transfer to an oven-to-table casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.