Pina Colada Upside-Down Cake
Use up your canned fruit, condensed milk, and coconut milk in this decadent cake.
Number of servings : 9-inch cake
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Type of meal : | Cakes | Cakes
Special diet :
- Drain pineapple and reserve ¼ cup juice.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Pour melted butter into a 9-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices tightly and evenly over sugar, covering as much surface as possible. Sprinkle ¼ cup coconut in an even layer over pineapples.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients and reserved pineapple juice until well combined. Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; flip cake over plate and remove pan. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Toast remaining coconut in a dry hot pan until golden brown, paying attention not to burn it, and sprinkle on top of cake before serving.
Chef's Tip: Toast remaining coconut in a dry hot pan until golden brown, paying attention not to burn it, and sprinkle on top of cake before serving.