Poutine Grilled Cheese
A fun riff on a classic Canadian dish, this sandwich uses hash browns as bread, combined with delicious creamy mozzarella and crispy bacon. Dip these delectable poutine grilled cheese sandwiches in warm gravy and you’re good to go!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 slices Great Value Mozzarella Cheese from 450 g brick
- 2 hash browns
- 4 Great Value Bacon strips cooked
- 1/4 cup brown gravy
- From the short edge of a 450 g cheese brick, use a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler to thinly slice 8 pieces of cheese, each about 3/4 inches wide by 3-1/2 inches long.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Add hash browns and cook until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Lay 4 slices of cheese crosswise on one warm hash brown, top with 4 pieces of bacon. Top evenly with remaining cheese and hash brown. Cook, covered, until cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Serve with warm gravy for dipping.
For a vegetarian version, add a little "green" by replacing the bacon with 1/4 cup (60 ml) spinach leaves before finishing with second layer of cheese and hash brown. Cook as directed. You can also try this grilled cheese with Great Value Farmers Marble Cheese for the added taste of cheddar.