Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup / 1 small) onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
250 ml (1 cup / 100 g) celeriac (celery root), peeled and diced
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh herbs of your choice
75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
4 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
1 can, 540 ml (19 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
12 thin slices prosciutto, fat removed
24 shrimp, size 16-20, shelled
- In a saucepan, cook the first four ingredients in 50 ml (1/4 cup) of oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and reduce 5 minutes. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut the prosciutto into strips 1 cm (1/2 in) wide. Wrap the strips around the shrimp to cover.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the remaining oil over high heat and sear the shrimp for 1 minute on each side, until golden and opaque.
- Arrange some of the bean mixture in the middle of each plate, place the shrimp on top and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2569