Pumpkin Ice Cream Roll
“This wonderfully light dessert is our standby at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The hint of pumpkin and the refreshing ice cream make a most delicious after-dinner treat.” —Gayle Lewis, Yucaipa, California
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10servings||25minutes||15minutes + freezing|
|15minutes + freezing|
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- confectioner's sugar
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream softened
- whipped cream optional
- Toasted chopped pecans optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in pumpkin. Fold in dry ingredients. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with greased and floured waxed paper. Pour batter into pan; bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a linen towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper; roll up cake with towel. Cool on a wire rack. Unroll cake onto a baking sheet. Spread softened ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up cake again, without the towel. Cover and freeze.
- To serve, let stand a few minutes at room temperature before slicing. If desired, dust cake with confectioners' sugar and top with the whipped cream and pecans.
IF COOKING FOR TWO: Wrap cake roll in heavy-duty aluminum foil and slice as needed. Cake will keep for about 1 month.
1 slice: 276 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g