Pumpkin Soup with Apple & Cinnamon
This simple pumpkin soup recipe is great for leftover pumpkins.
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups pumpkin puréed and cooked
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 apples peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and apples; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in pumpkin, apple juice, applesauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, thyme, salt, pepper, nutmeg, bay leaf and stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf before serving.