Quail with Apricot-Pecan Stuffing
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) dried apricots, diced
75 ml (1/3 cup) pecans, chopped
1 ml (1/4 tsp) grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Flour, as required
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
8 slices mild pancetta
1 small onion, chopped
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) white wine
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the apricots, pecans and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Season the inside of the quail with salt and pepper and stuff loosely with the apricot mixture. Use toothpicks to hold the legs in place. Flour lightly.
- In a large skillet, brown the quail in the oil. Cover each bird with a slice of pancetta and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Place 30 ml / 2 tbsp of the fat from the roasting pan in the skillet. Brown the onions in it, then deglaze with the wine and reduce by half.
- Pour the sauce over the quail at serving time.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2552