Quick Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
“I make this almond chicken stir-fry often because it is so quick and easy to prepare. My family likes the flavour the sugar snap peas and almonds add. Sometimes I top it with chow mein noodles for extra crunch.” —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Taste of Home
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package frozen sugar snap peas 14 ounces
- hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, honey and ginger until smooth; add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add in peas. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with pasta or rice.
1 cup: 526 calories, 35g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fibre), 35g protein.